End of month 2 check in
I know I’ve already posted the general plan for March, but I wanted to do that first so anyone following could know the rules. Now I take a look back at Get Moving in the month of February.
What worked well:
1. I became more conscious of how much I sit in a day! It felt really great to take breaks and stretch during my day.
2. The yoga in the morning and night has limbered up my body. I’m not as sore as I used to be and I’m stretchier! (see the YOTD video page for the how-to!)
3. Though it’s far from perfect, I’m starting to build the habit of putting ‘me time’ into my schedule.
What I still need to work on: (notice I am not calling these failures, but things I still need to create better habits for)
1. I didn’t reach my 5 days of cardio per week goal. I averaged more between 3 and 4, which isn’t bad but not enough to really make the change in my life I that I am striving for.
2. Putting me into my schedule.’What? Wasn’t that in the first list of what worked well?‘, you say. Absolutely, but while I’ve started to think more about putting me into my schedule, I haven’t done very well application-wise. A work in progress!
I was being really hard on myself mentally about the fact that I didn’t make the cardio exercise goals this month. But ya know what? I did super well on the yoga and on the stretching. I also started thinking more about me. I’m going to give myself a B+ for this month. I don’t really believe I deserve an A, even for effort, but I can do with a a B+ for sure! Combining everything in the coming month should see a difference in body composition and the scale. Exercise alone is not enough, the food factor needs to be there as well. My mysterious lower abdomen pain is still present, but not as acute as it used to be. I think it has a lot to do with the water and maybe even the yoga.
Wish me luck and feel free to join in. That way, I can wish YOU luck, too!
Posted on March 2, 2012, in Experiences and tagged detox, exercise, forming new habits, health, jennifer walker, Principles of Change, Self-Help, Weight loss, year of the detox. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.